If you are thinking about getting a tooth extracted, it is important to prepare yourself, and your home, for the steps required for a successful recovery. The more prepared you are, the faster, easier, and less time you will spend in recovery mode.
– Follow your dentist’s advice and instructions.
– Rest heavily, and try to avoid exercise
– If swelling occurs, apply ice packs.
– To avoid choking, wait until the anesthetic wears off before eating.
– Follow the strict diet as given by your dentist.
– Stop smoking, or give it up at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– If necessary, take any pain medications or antibiotics prescribed by your dentist, exactly as instructed.
Follow these steps, and you will be on the road to recovery.
Consult your dentist if you experience:
– An ongoing fever that won’t go away
– Heavy pain that lasts three to four days post-surgery
– Ongoing bleeding that won’t stop
– An increase in swelling
If you are in need of a tooth extraction or would like to set up an appointment, please call Stephen Woodard at 509-924-8585 to talk to a member of our team. Call us today, or stop by our office in Spokane Valley, Washington, and we will get you back to smiling once more.